I was never big with New Year’s resolutions because like most of us, I don’t get to fulfill even half of them. So why am I coming up with a list now? Simple. I have to come up with a blog entry. Hahahah.
Kidding aside, maybe it is high time for me to come up with my New Year’s Resolutions to serve as my guide throughout this year. I say “guide” because heaven knows that if I make it into a “rule” I am more bound to break it. A guide is a more subtle way of keeping me on track.
- I will go back to the gym – Lord knows how much it hurt me when I had to stop for a year because my finances could not even afford a daily gym rate. Yeah I was that poor. LOL.
- Try and be a bit more patient – The line “Patience is not my virtue” swept Bridget off his feet. LOL. But as a consequence we had a couple of imbyerna moments because of this non-virtue of mine. Hay. I said I’d try didn’t I?
- Smile more often – The first impression of anyone who would meet me for the first time is that I do not look friendly, or nice. I don’t know. It’s probably the permanent “kunot” I have. So to counteract that, I will try to smile more often, even if it dreads me because of the possible laugh/smile lines. Hahahaha juice ko form over function pa rin ang concern ko di ba? Basta, I will smile more often, even if I don’t actually look better doing it. 😛
- Save money – I don’t know how I will do this but I will do my best. The major obstacle with saving up is when you have nothing to save. Sad no?
- Be more fabulous – Ergo, dress better, take care of my skin and hair more, correct my bad posture, drag Bridget to more ukay ukays to get more fabulous designer clothes for 1/4 the price and act like I have the money. Hahahah ang superficial!
- Revive lost friendships – I miss my fag friends kahit di nila like masyado si Bridget. How can you not like Bridget? Yes I am talking to you. You know who you are. Hmmmm… maybe I’ll revive my friendship with just a few of them. Hah.
- Gain more friends – I have had the privilege of getting to know fabulous people from the blogosphere, like Jove, Dinna, Dylan, Ruby, Toni, Tintin, Anna, Ajay, Ate Lani, Nastypen and I have actually met up with some of them. I hope that our friendships go beyond blogging and into the real world and I hope to meet more of these wonderful human beings.
- Get a Physical check-up – It’s about time! I have no idea what my cholesterol level is, my blood sugar level, my blood pressure, nada. I have no idea. I might even be killing myself now doing nothing. This one I will strive hard to accomplish.
- Sing more – I miss singing (properly, that is). I used to get a blast doing my diva falseto-ish kind of singing but it has taken a toll on my actual ability to sing beautifully. Bridget has started to teach me breathing lessons so hopefully I’ll be half as good as he is. 😛
- Focus on my family – 2006 was difficult for my family but we still managed to survive. I hope life will better this year for us.l
- Marry Bridget and have kids. – Is this a resolution? Sounds more like a death sentence to me. Joke lang my love!
Happy New Year to everyone!